Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Perfect Utah Bike



Several of us were able to run down to Fruita, CO to demo some Trek and Gary Fisher full suspension bikes. Brent continues to salivate over the Superfly 100. My guess is that he'll have to own one soon enough. McCool tore it up on a Fuel EX 8 the first day, and a Remedy 9.9 the second day. He was really impressed with both, and was floored by how well the Remedy climbed for a bike with so much travel.

The first day I grabbed a Trek Scratch 9. It was way too much bike for how I ride, but I was really impressed with its ability to handle anything. The second day I think I found the perfect Utah bike - the Rumblefish II. It's nimble enough to climb and fly in the flats, yet burly enough to handle the technical stuff that Utah throws at us. It's a wonderful bike!

We'll post more about the trip in the next couple days. The riding was great and the weather beautiful.

No comments: